Monday, December 30, 2013

Noche Buena Colombian style!!!

Man, another craazzyyyyy week! I am so exhausted people, seriously I just want to spend all my p-day sleeping y punto! The highlight of this week was Noche Buena aka Christmas Eve, our mission president has a lot of trust in us cause we`re one of the most obedient missions in Chile and let us stay out till 12:30 am...WOOHOOO!!! PARTAAAYYY!!! And as our gift he let us sleep in till 9 a.m. DOUBLE PARTAAAYYYYY (and he gave us these awesome leather bookmarks)!!!!! As a missionary you are greatful for every minute of sleep you can get, a nap on p-day is rare, in fact I can count wiith one hand how many naps I`ve taken on the mission and all day you just gotta go go go no matter how tired, it`s especialy difficult now that it`s summer and the sun just sucks the life out of you! That being said, we spent noche buna with la familia Muñoz de Colombia, they are my favorite famiy in the branch, so loving, and made us BOMB colombian food! Platnos maduors, tajaditas, asado, agua de panela y buñuelos, yummm!!! They put on music and we watched them dance to all my favorite songs de Celia Cruz, Marc Anthony y Aventura, WOW that took a lot of self control to sit calmly during all that, anyone who knows me knows how much I LOVE to dance! So I went to the bathroom and let it all out while no one was looking haha ;D

This week we had our new companion Hna.Waters my comadre from Nicaragua, it was so great to be with her, she is one of my idols in the mission and ever since I met her when I got to Chile my 1st day I`ve wanted to be companions with her, she is just HILARIOUS! But she was also finishing her mission and would not SHUSH about going home, and seeing her family, and her friends, and shopping for new clothes, and the food, etc etc. Ugh I was ready to knock this chick out with her trunky talk, it was bad, but we got through it! Now we have Hna.Flores from Peru, she is a total sweetheart and has such a special spirit about her, seriously I`m pumped to finally have a stable companionship and if president changes us I am going to SERIOUSLY flip a switch!

Skyping the family was so great, seriously I love you all and miss you so much! My nieces and nephews are all so friggin´big! Oh my gosh I couldn`t believe how much they`ve changed since May! But it was great to see all your beautiful faces and know that everyone is doing well back in the states :) 5 more months till I get to see you all again!!! This week we also got to sleep over Hna. Stanger`s apt the office secretary and we had a christmas meal, chicken casserole with potatoes, stuffing, and cranberry sauce (thanks sis!) And I got to see my daughter Hna.Dodds!!! We talked all night and caught up on life and her past areas and what she`s gone through these last months in the mission. She has gone through so much and is such a powerful missionary, she is totally ready to train even though she denies it and it`s her greatest fear, but it was so great to talk to her again.

Well, basically that`s been my week, crazy changes in companionship, parties and lack of sleep. These next 2 weeks are gonna be hectic as we wrap up the transfer and have to do 5 more exchanges plus we got new years in the middle of it all which is gonna be terrible cause holidays are a missionaries worst enemy! That and the J dubbs...the evangelicals are pretty crazy here, too...Love you all and have a BOMB NEW YEAR!

Spiritual cookie: "Faith is always pointed towards the future."

Xoxo,
Hna.Ibarra

No comments:

Post a Comment