Monday, December 16, 2013

Week of fame and fortune!

This week was full of so many crazy things! Seriously, I think it´s been rare when I have a week in which not a lot goes on. I did my 1st set of exchanges with the sisters and had my first taste of working in the city! Bustling cars, people walking really fast everywhere, dogs barking, horns beeping, and lots of tall buildings (which is nice cause they give a lot of shade). It was a crazy wild adventure and I got to meet people from Peru, Colombia, and even Croatia which was so cool! There´s a lot more diversity, but the one thing is that I barely got any sleep at night from all the noise even though we were on like the 15th floor of an apt building.

It´s been tough asdjusting to my new area in Renca, it´s really different, the area is more "cuico" aka wealthy so the people are comfortable with their lives and not receptive at all to the gospel. I went from an area where I was just flying and baptising like never before on my mission to getting doors constantly slammed in my face. But I know that I´m doing all I can and that with time and after some long suffering the Lord will bless us with a miracle. I feel like my calling here isn´t one to necissarily convert anyone, but to support and aid my companions. One of my comps has tendonitis and it´s been really tough on her, she´s had to rest all week while my other comp and I go out and she´s the one who knows the sector best so we´ve been getting lost and learning on our own which is good and sometimes really funny! But she´s really scared she´s going to have to go home and the Dr recommended another week of therapy so we've had to go to the German Clinic in Providencia which is the California of Chile, very rich area and makes me feel like I´m back in the states haha. It´s been fun but very exhausting on all of us to travel 2 hours there and 2 hours back every other day. We haven´t had our normal studies in the morning so we try to read something while we wait for her in the lobby, but it´s just not the same. Also my other companion recently suffered a heart break, her ex-bf who she was goig to marry but decided to go on a mission instead has another gf and she was just a sob fest the 1st couple days and super depressed and down on herself. We weren´t able to teach well and it was hard to have the spirit and unity between the 3 of us. She´s doing a lot better now, but in a companionship when one person has a problem we all have a problem, so imagine 2 companions with problems! Its been a struggle, but I´m trying to do all I can to serve them, uplift them and love them so they can finish strong. It´s funny cause they actually have more time than me on the mission, so I count my blessings daily that I don´t have health problems (besides my shoulder but I´ll live) and boy problems (ladies if you´re going on a mission, don´t make anyone wait for you, just don´t, too messy and will make you lose focus) hahaha! So due to the complications mentioned I´m now Sister Training Leader 1 and have to take charge of things for a while in this sector while my companion tried to recover from her knee, it was a nice break 2 weeks of not having to take the lead, but the Lord knows what I´m good at I think and is having me take hold of the reigns again.

Lastly this week we went to the Christmas Concert in the Santiago Temple and had a celebrity appearance by none other than ELDER DAVID ARCHULETA!!! Oh yeah you heard right!!! HATE ON IT!!! He´s serving in the Chile Rancagua mission and performed at the concert and we got to go with a family of Colombian Recent Converts and their sons baby momma who´s an investigator and it was AMAZING!!!!! He has a great voice and we felt the spirit super strong as the choir, and other singers and dancers performed. Speaking of famous people and celebrity appearances, I am no celebrity, but if you miss me check me out on Page 30 of this months December Liahona! I gasped in the clinic lobby as I saw the print screen of the mormon message I´m in, it´s a tiny picture, nothing crazy, but my fame continues to spread in the mission, in fact an Elder this week asked if he could take a picture with me, I kindly said no, but it just cracks me up haha!

Anyways, love you all! Till next week!

Spiritual Cookie: "He who was  the greatest of all made himself the least, the Heavenly Shepherd who became the lamb."

xoxo,
Hna.G-unit Ibarra

No comments:

Post a Comment