Monday, December 9, 2013

Nueva Renca

So I`ve been in my new sector for a week, and it`s actually not as flaite aka hood as everyone said it`d be! It`s actually really pretty and all new houses so it`s called Nueva Renca, but the elders have the more humble part of town. I really like it and it`s totally different being in the suburbs instead of out in the country, mainly besides everything actually being clean and pretty the people live comfortable lives and are less receptive to the gospel. Our sector belongs to a branch called Jose Miguel Infante which split off from a ward so there`s 2 groups that meet in the same chapel which is a 1st for me in the mission and it reminds me a lot of home when I was in our branch in Silver Lakes. Being in a trio again is really fun, but hard because we each have such different teaching and proselyting styles and have to adapt to eachother and organize ourselves well. Hna. Hernandez is from Bucaramanga, Colombia (it`s fun to say the name!) and is super tiny and literally talks like a disney princess, haha! I love it! AQnd Hna. Ireland is from Springville, UT, and had a lot of food problems since she`s been in Chile so she can`t eat any animal products like eggs, milk, butter, cheese, any kind of meat and also sugar. I feel bad cause the members judge and think she`s a picky eater and anorexic, but I got her back and always defend her and try to help her explain her situation. Being a sister training leader is fun, this next week we`re going to start doing exchanges, but as you move up the leadership latter the responsibilities and stress increase and the amount of sleep you get decreases since we`re the last ones to go to bed.

This week we had what was called the tour of the mission. An elder from the quorum of the 70 came and spoke to our entire mission about FAQ`s and common challenges we face in the mission and gave us awesome advice and tips. Then we had a huge lunch and took a ton of pics with all our friends in the mission especially those going home soon. Later this week I had to go to the doctors. In the beginning of my mission you`ll probably recall me falling of my bike, well ever since then my left shoulder goes numb and tingles when I`m sitting in a bad posture for too long or carrying anything on my shoulder. There`s not really much they can do, they gave me some NSAI pills and told me to not use my left arm for 10 days...awesome...the pills haven`t really done anything so I guess I`m just doomed to have a tingly shoulder the rest of my life, the good news is that there`s no nerve damage which would require surgery to fix, YAY! We also went on splits with sisters in the ward which was a 1st for me in the mission since I`ve always been training and my companions didn`t know enough to fly solo. It was super fun and it`s a great way to get a lot of work done in little time especially since we`re 3! We ended the week with my lovely companions making banana pancakes and Hna.Hernandez actually washed my feet and gave me a pedicure, after a day of proselyting your feet are filthy especially since it`s summer and we don`t wear tights anymore, now THAT is christ like service at it`s finest, I owe her a big one!!! It`s kinda weird that christmas is around the corner especially since it`s BLAZING hot, but I can`t wait to skype the fam in a couple weeks and we`re planning a branch activity with desserts (again) and it is going to be a hit!

This weeks spiritual cookie is an experience we had visiting a sick sister. Hermana Enriqueta is a grandma who suffers from parkinsons, she can hardly speak and has a hard time getting around so she threw us the keys from her bedroom window and we went to go visit her. We sang her a hymn which she requested "Nearer my God to Thee" and she just sobbed as she looked out her window up to the sky. It really pulled on my heart strings and it was evident to me that she has been suffering for a long time in this condition and wants nothing more than to leave this mortal life and be nearer to Him. No matter where we are, there are people, not just people, but sons and daughter of God, children of our heavenly father, suffering, sad, disheartened, and lonely. My prayer is that we can pray to be lead to them and reach out to them as the Savior did.

xoxo,
Hna.Ibarra

No comments:

Post a Comment