Monday, January 6, 2014

Prospero año y felicidad!

Man what a hectic week, when is it ever not?! This week now that we finally have our stable companion in our trio who is NOT leaving we`ve had to finish doing our exchanges so we had to do 3 this week and 3 more this last week of the transfer. With all this mayhem the transfer went by super fast and it just keeps freaking me out more and more how time goes by- like 2014?! When did that happen?! Happy New Years to all!!! We had our normal missionary schedule and had to be in at 10 p.m. as usual cause it`s dangerous. So after praying and planning we just sat around talking and looking at the clock waiting for it to be midnight. That`s when I oh-so sneakidly (idk if that`s a real word?) pulled out a can of silly string and attacked  my companions with the spray! They all screamed and went running, ha ha, it was so fun! But compared to last years pitbull concert it`s gonna be a little hard to beat, I have faith next year will be better. 

So 2 miracles that happened this week, First on the day that was prognosticated (probably not real either) to be the hottest this year- 37 degrees celcius there just so happened to be a forest fire a couple of towns over and thousand of acres were burnt and completely covered the sky with smoke and it was raining ash, sounds kinda scary, but really it covered the sun and made it a lot less hot so it was a blessing in disguise and I know many prayers were answered including our mission president who always prays for us after he watches the weather reports, haha, bless his heart. Miracle number 2 was that I contacted a lady on the street, I had talked to her before but she wasn`t interested much but I thought I`d give it a second try, she let us over and turns out her son is an inactive member who is going through a lot of trials right now, he`s sepperated from his wife but she lives across the street so it`s kinda complicated, but he said that earlier he had felt a weird feeling inside, like something pricked his heart, 5 minutes later we arrived. He felt it was a sign from God and wants to start over and become active again so we we`re super excited to have talked to his mom! That`s the thing that`s so great about the mission, you see miracles everyday, and if you`re not seeing the miracles then you need to ask yourself why. Anyways, love you all family and friends! Hope you`ve set some awesome goals for this new year, here are a couple of mine:

-Complete my mission in one piece! haha
-Finish reading the Old Testament
-Marry an investigator so he/she can be baptized
-Teach and baptize a family
-Volunteer at the MTC
-Get accepted to the Nursing program
-Save money so I can buy a car
-Go hang-gliding

it`s weird because I have mission goals mixed with real life goals, I can`t believe I`ll be home this year! Aaaahhhh!!!!

p.s. my birthday is the 28th! Send me dear elders :)

No comments:

Post a Comment