Monday, April 7, 2014

If Moses were on earth today...

...would you be interested in what he had to say?

That`s  the queston I made to all of my investigators this week as I prepared them to join us at General Conference and bore testimony to them of living prophets on earth today who lead and guide us as special witnesses of Jesus Christ. The conference was INCREDIBLE, starting with the hostorical General Women`s meeting saturday! There were so many incredible doctrines and principles discussed that no doubt answered the questions and prayers of our investigators and mine. My favorite talk I`d have to say was Elder Hollands talk on defendng our beliefs no matter the consequences, persecution or criticism we may receive from others. As he told the story of the sister missionary who had food thrown in her face I think many missionaries, including myself, could identify with that situation. I don`t talk a lot about the negative things that happen on the mission, most of them I try not to take seriously and just laugh about. But no doubt there have been moments in the mission when like Christ`s appearance to Saul I`ve asked "Why persecutest thou me?" The little black plaque we wear is heavy, it`s the cross we take up to follow Christ and be his representatives. But I like to compare those experiences to when the apostles were being persecuted in Acts 5. A pharisee named Gamiliel of much reputation spoke up as the council conspired to kill Peter and John and said in verses 38 and 39 "And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God." I know with all my heart that this work is not of man, but of God. It can`t be stopped, it has no end, no matter what trials and tribulations we face the Lord with give us the strength to overcome them because He overcame the world and I carry the same attitude and perspective as Peter and John in verses 41 and 42 "And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name. And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ." It is an honor and a blessing to wear His name upon my heart.

Well that was my spiritual shpeal for this week. Besides that we had changes, I`m staying in Jose Miguel Infante Branch another transfer and training a greenie!!! Oh boy!!! But a little sad that Hna.Ireland won`t be by my side :( We had 3 crazy but great transfers together and we`re gonna live next door at BYU so we`ll be seeing eachother around plenty! She`s also going to a new sector to train and it was fun being sister-training leaders but are happy to be able to rest a bit and take on a new responsability to finish the mission strong, to run and not walk through the finish line, that`s my goal!

I also called our recent convert Franco to see how he was doing since I hadn`t seen him around at church much and he said it was cause he was going to his pololas ward to interview with her bishop. I though "oh no! What happened?! What did you guys do?!" But my worries were soon calmed as he shared with me his plans for them to be sealed next February!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I literally screamed over the phone and was jumping in the street like a crazy person!!! These are the fruits of missionary work and blessing people`s lives with the gospel!

I also want to give some shout outs to my neice Isabella who turns 13 tomorrow!!!! GIRL I cannot believe it! When I left you were in primary and now you`re a teenager!!!!! (uh oh...fun years ahead sis ;) Also to the only boos cool Gabe, Erik, Mikkel, Leilani and Aliah who I am always thinking about and praying for! Thank you for your cards, letters, and drawings, I hang them on my wall where I study and always make me smile, I love you all bunches and can`t believe how much you`ve grown up!

Also, I want to thank my mom for blessing my life with the Gospel, for being the pioneer in her family, for being a shining example of the pure love of Christ to others and her children and for , like Elder Eyring, preparing me for all the covenants I have and will yet make with the Lord. Your legacy will live for generations no doubt about it mami!!! :)

Also, I am still alive I know everyone was SUPER concerned about the earthquake in Iqique, and tsunami warnings and what not. But we didn`t feel anything at all in Santiago. We`ve felt little shakes, nothing out of the usual, 5.4 friday night, Hna.Quispe`s first, she was ecstatic! But all is well and we are equipped with emergency packs and etc. for these things. But thank you for your prayers in my behalf they are so much appreciated!!!

xo,
Hna.Ibarra

No comments:

Post a Comment