Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Wedding Bells!!!

This week was THE BEST for soooo many reasons! Starting with David and Carolina`s wedding! We went to the Registro Civil early Wednesday morning to witness the ceremony. With us was the couple that was helping us fellowship them, Obispo Contrreras and his wife Margarita as well as David and Carolina`s fathers and 2 friends from work who were the witnesses. The ceremony was simple but meaningful and their first step towards becoming an eternal family. Afterwards we had lunch with the wedding party and had Peruvian food (David is Peruvian), ceviche, cancha, pollo asado, calamari, DELISH! Carolina and Benjamin her son are ecstaticaly awaiting their baptism next sunday and we`re trying to work out some social doubts David has, but I know that in the Lord`s time he will follow suit.

Things are going super great with Hna.Fullmer, she learns tons daily and my favorite part of training is just to see the process of a greenie learning and growing and gaining confidence in their abilities as they blossom into a missionary full of power and authority. Speaking of authority, I read Elder Oaks talk in the priesthood session about the priesthood...AMAZING!!!! Answered a lot of questions I had and it was cool to hear from the words of an apostle that women in the church are given priesthood authority to capacitate them in their callings and responsabilities and how as sister missionaries we are given priesthood authority, such as the sisters in the temple, to perform a priesthood duty. I felt so empowered by that and truly know that we are all equal in the Lord`s eyes and have the right, such as the Elders, to proclaim repentance, preach the gospel, and bring about miracles through our praeyers of faith.

Lastly, today we got to go to our yearly temple trip (which is why our p-day was today and not Monday) and WOW! I left there spiritually recharged and rejuvinated, it`s a shame they don`t let us go more often. The new session is INCREDIBLE!!!!! There is no was anyone can sleep through that one! hahaha! But in all seriously, the spirit of the new video is incredible and pulls on your heart strings, I absolutely loved it! Being back in the house of the Lord was such a blessing to me personally. Since my childhood, my mother always instilled on me the importance of temple attendance. I would monthly join her to our stake trips in Orlando, although I wasn`t yet old enough to go inside, I`d enjoy hours of solitude playing and singing in the gardens of the temple. When I was older, I would join her on these monthly trips and would then do proxy baptisms and confirmations. I`ll never forget the first time I entered the Lord`s house and was able to perform the baptism of my grandmother Gladys, a long awaited ordinance that my mother had  especially saved for me and a moment I had been preparing for all my childhood. My strongest spiritual experiences and testimonies we`re acquired in experiences I lived within this holy edifice´s 4 walls. When I was 18 I decided it was the time to prepare to one day make further covenants in the house of the Lord, I took several temple prep classes, studied my scriptures carefully and continued to make temple attendance a part of my weekly habits since I then gained the blessing of having a temple only minutes away in Provo. Temple Tuesday I`d call it! And every tuesday after work I`d make the 30 minute walk to the Provo temple, sun or snow. It was a small sacrafice compared to our efforts to attend the temple in Florida. With time the moment finally came, when I`d be able to receive more of the blessings the Lord had for me in the temple, a day I had been waiting and preparing years for, it was one of the happiest moments of my life, and I was even happier to be able to share that moment with my family and again with my grandmother as I once again performed the vicarious work in her behalf. Through the years I`ve learned that Temple attendance is a family matter, although a place where we can find peace and seek personal revelation and council, it is a place where you don`t want to always go alone, but with your family and loved ones by your side. With time I`ll continue to make more covenants and receive all the blessings the gospel and the temple has to offer me, a day that I know the mission is also preparing me for (that`s as trunky as you`ll ever here me speak, haha!) So thank you mami for teaching me of the importance of Temples through your example. 

Till next week everyone!!!

"Practice your faith, proclaim your faith, manifest your faith." Elder Nelson

Hna.Ibarra

No comments:

Post a Comment