Monday, March 31, 2014

Flaites, bomber jets and Jesus the Christ!

So this week I completed one of the goals of my mission and finished reading akk 793 pages of Jesus the Christ!!! So proud of myself, seriuosly, give yourself a pat on the back Hermana Ibarra! I studied it along with the 4 Gospels in the New Testament and WOW did it help me understand so much of the context of the Bible, I`d reccommend it to anyone! So my next goal is to just finish the rest of the New Testament and apply the incredible ministery of the Apostles to my ministery here in Chile. That is one of the things I just LOVE about the mission that I know I`m gonna miss a lot afterwards is just having hours and hours of studying the scriptures in depth. So taking advantage of it while I can!

This week a lot of other cool things happened. We were in Downtown Santiago for our activity with the other sisters (we watched 17 Miracles) and got some food at a cool looking place that served Arabian and Venezuelan food...ordered some falafels and hummus, YUM! The owner was SUPER outgoing and chill and gave us samples of the falafels and started telling us how he was born in Pakistan and moved to Jersey for some time and then Venezuela where he met his wife and now settled in Chile, so he speaks Arabic, English and Spanish! Plus he`s Christian! Then a costumer friend of his came who`s a gringo from Hawaii but he lives in Singapore now and just travels around and is Hindu, so we contacted both of them in English, it`s the 2nd time I`ve had the opportunity to do that here in the mission and MAN, it was so hard! I couldnt find the words to what I wanted to explain and say, but they got it and found it super intesting. We testified that families can be together forever and the Hawaiian Hindu found it SO interesting and said he gained a lot of respect for the Mormons now. Seriously, it was so great! Even though not all contacts lead to an appointment or a baptism, but to just be able to clarify to the world that we are indeed Christian and defend our beliefs so others can debunk all the "mormon myths" and gain some respect for our faith is just one of the reasons I love being a missionary! But really anyone can do it, you don`t need a nifty plaque to share your beliefs with others.

Also, this week we had "Dia de los Jovenes Combatientes" it`s a day where pretty much all the flaites (aka hoodlums) go out in the streets at night and cause chaos and disturb the peace. So we had to go in early that night, but the good part was that I actually got to paint my nails!!! Me time on the mission is so rare and so priceless!

Also, jet planes and all sort of crazy military plains have been flying around our sector (we`re near the airport...way to make you trunky!) and at first I was freaking out cause I thought a bomb was gonna drop on us at any moment...turns out it was just an air show pf planes from all around the world so we got to see them do flips and summer-saults and tricks all week which was super cool! Sadly I kept forgetting my camera.

Well, we`re officially in Fall in Chile and things are getting chillier, I cried as I opened my suitcase with all my winter clothing -_______________________- dreading the winter already...but I feel like this time around I´ll know what to expect and am starting to mentally prepare myself hahaha! Love ya`ll!!!

P.S. SO PUMPED FOR GENERAL CONFERECE!!! Don`t miss out on hearing the Lord through His livng prophets...Saturday`s ALWAYS the best session ;)

"We go to General Conference to learn from the Lord, we go home to apply what we`ve learned to our lives." -the quote goes somethng like that, I forgot who said it

xo,
Hna.Ibarra

No comments:

Post a Comment