Monday, April 14, 2014

The Treats of Training

So I´m training Hermoine Granger from Harry Potter hahaha no but seriously she looks so much like Emma Watson! Her name is Hna.Fullmer from Michigan, 19, and has the CUTEST clothes (as do all the new sisters when they first come to the mission) which means I can borrow them...YES!!! haha. She was studying Rec therapy at BYU So I´m glad to add another life long friend to the BYU connections list, and she loves to bake (made me pancakes this morning...p-day treats!!!), sing with me and serve the Lord! I am so happy to be training her, when we first got to the office I went to the bathroom and actually saw her in there before I knew who I was training (strange things like that always seems to happen to me and my trainees). Her spanish is rough but I have the patience and she is learning so much everyday, she is seriously so brave and speaks and waves her hands around and communicates how she can without fear so that the people can understand her and I love it! Best of all she´s not a cryer, which is seriously soooo awesome!!! hahaha, a lot of sisters cry when they come on the mission (If it doesn´t happen to you at the MTC it will hit you in the field) I think it´s just the culture shock and the realization that you are so far from home and everything is so new and the mission is just not what you thought it´d be (especially in Chile). But she is so great and willing to learn and do, I love it!

Our district is super sweet and it´s gonna be a way fun stransfer and I am looking forward to so many things! This week David and Carolina will be getting married (wednesday) and sunday will be there baptism!!! David still has some small uncertainties which we´re gonna straighten out the kinks and help him make this important step in his life with his family.

We got to go to the office for a traning they do for all the greenies called Fase Uno. It was fun because I got to see my other friends in the mission who I hadn´t seen in months and catch up. Also, so funny, but one of the greenies who came with Hna.Fullmer is my long lost brother Elder Ibarra!!! Hahaha, well he´s not really my long lost brother, BUT it´s so funny because I´ve never met someone with my same last name EVER!!!! He´s from Washington state, also a latino gringo like me but his parents are from Mexico. Pretty cool B-)

That same day while I was at Fase Uno I made a phone call to our investigator Ricardo. As you know we´ve been teaching him since we got here, he´s a dry member, goes to church every sunday, reads, prays, his "wife" is less-active since she was a teenager and they have 3 kids and a grandkid. Even though he has every desire to get baptized he can´t because he´s not married to Gloria, they just live together, and when we first got there had no desires to make that decision. In fact, Ricardo wanted to seperate from Gloria and move out and they were having a lot of problems in their relationship. But we started inviting her to the lessons, slowly she began participating, praying, asking questions, and eventually came to church! Their problems began to decrease and the gospel helped them improve their relationship and love eachother again! We had a special lesson with them at the temple and after a Regional Stake Conference for Chile where several general authorities spoke via-satelite about the importance of families and the law of chastity Ricardo came upto us and said "Hermanas, I´m going to get married." We jumped for joy!!! However, since those words have slipped out of his mouth satan has put any and every obstacle to impede them from taking that step. In Chile you need to go to the Registro Civil (Civil Registry) both the man and woman with their ID and pick a date to be married civily. But everytime they tried to go their car would breake, their grandson would get sick, she had to work and couldn´t go with him or he had to work and couldn´t go with her, etc. For weeks we´ve been calling him in the morning to see if he was able to go and for weeks one or another excuses emerged that stopped him. It was THE MOST frustrating thing ever. But finally I called and Ricardo gave me the wonderful news that they were able to go to the Registro Civil and will be getting married the 15th of May, just before the last sunday of the transfer which is the 18th!!! I immediately (after my little victory dance) said a prayer in gratitude for this miracle and blessing. Like I´d mentioned before one of my goals this new year was to help an investigator couple get married so they can get baptized and I´m am overwhelmed with joy that the Lord has used me as an instrument in his hands to bring these miracles and blessings about in the lives of others...no other work is more fulfilling than this...the work of salvation :)

xo,
Hna.Ibarra

p.s. Good luck to all my cougs taking finals this week!!! Rock em!

No comments:

Post a Comment