Monday, June 16, 2014

8 for the boy who just couldn´t wait!

Haha, well there really is no boy who just couldn´t wait,it´s just a catchy rhyme. But This week we had changes!!! After much prayer and fasting I am-  Drum roll...............................................................................staying in Renca with Hna.Thomas!!!!!!!!! AAAHHHHH!!!! So nuts! We were praying so hard for it to happen, but really we didn´t have much hope since I´ve been here 5 transfers now and since Pdt. Essig said he´d be changing a lot of the leaders in the mission since the majority of the leaders now are leaving this transfer or the next. We were jumping and screaming in the middle of the street when the District Leader called us. Not only is the Dream Team staying together, but we´re gonna have a new addition, Hna.Adamson from Pleasant Grove, UT! Super cute blonde that reminds me of one of the BRATZ barbie dolls. I am so pumped to be staying here my last transfer, that means by the end I´ll have 9 months in the same sector...that´s HALF MY MISSION! Who´d a thought?! Seriously, God works in mysterious ways. When I first got here I was soo sad to have left Curacavi and after a week I was already over it. But now I´m like part of the family, I love the members, the people, the branch, and can´t imagine myself anywhere else! Plus I´m so happy to be able to see Ricardo and Gloria get married and him get baptized next month. The Lord knew my mission wouldn´t be complete until I saw to it!

Some highlights of this week was that we had a General Authority come, Elder Robbins of the 1st Quorum of the 70. That´s like the 3rd General Authority in less than 6 months, either we´re doing something really right, or really wrong!!! Hahaha! It was an amazing conference together with the Santiago East mission where we were able to have a question answer session with Elder Robbins about how to work more closely with the Holy Ghost. My mind was blown!

There was lots of rain this week and we had to do several intercambios (exchanges) with the sisters we´re in charge of which was fun but the streets we´re all flooded and it took forever to get to our appts. (Thanks mom for the boots and waterproof jacket- it all held up!) But I guess one of the highlights of this week was La Copa Mundial!!! Chile played Australia friday and won 3-0!!! We were all sent home early that day cause literally EVERYONE in Chile got off work early and was BBQing and partying and watching the game. We were planning but heard every goal Chile made cause the entire neighborhood was yelling and screaming and blowing horns and beating drums and shooting guns and firecrackers everytime, it was hilarious!!! Hna.Thomas and I had out own little celebration in our house and a member painted our faces and we planned with our Chile shirts, haha! Gotta make things interesting in the mission!

Seriously, I can´t express how much I love the mission and Chile! This change is gonna be one of many changes, we need to find a new house in 2 weeks or we´re gonna have to live in the mission office, Pdt.Essig leaves in 2 weeks and our new mission President, Pdt. Videla and his wife are coming in as well,more exchanges with the new sisters we´re in charge of, and more! I guess over all I´m just super grateful that it´s a long transfer (8 weeks) and that I´ll be staying with Hna.Thomas who I know is gonna push me and help me give my all ´til the very end.

Spiritual cookie: "One of the great teachings of the Man of Galilee, the Lord Jesus Christ, was that you and I carry within us immense possibilities. In urging us to be perfect as our Father in Heaven is perfect, Jesus was not taunting us or teasing us. He was telling us a powerful truth about our possibilities and about our potential. It is a truth almost too stunning to contemplate. Jesus, who could not lie, sought to beckon us to move further along the pathway to perfection." Pdt. SPencer W. Kimball- Jesus the Perfect Leader

"Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am." 3 Nephi 27:27

xo,

Hna.Ibarra

No comments:

Post a Comment