Monday, June 23, 2014

7 for the prayers we send up to heaven.

This week was so much fun!!! Seriously can´t express how much I love my companions, I feel like I´ve known them all my life. At first I was a bit nervous about being with Hna.Adamson cause she can be a little ditsy sometimes, but it has just been laugh after laugh everyday and her small blonde moments lighten up the mood.

This week we were on the hunt for a house! T-2 weeks so we printed out little papers and posted them on all the almacenes (little grocery stores) in the neighborhoods and talked to everyone asking in contatcs if they knew anything. They all had us on a wild goose chase until I saw a woman sweeping up her leaves (it´s oficially winter here!). This week I was working on the attribute of charity so I offered to help her out and while I did I asked her if she knew about anyone renting a place. She said yes, that it was the owner of an almacen across the street. So after helping her we went over and talked to the lady. I had already talked to her before but I thought we had nothing to lose so I tried again and she said she wasn´t the owner of the apt, but her coworker was and called her over. She looked like she was in a bad mood and asked what we wanted and we explained our situation and she offered to take us to look at the place. It´s a house where the bottom floor is a ferreteria (hardware store) and upstairs it´s divided in 2 apts. It´s tiny but clean and decent and technically in the Elders sector so they would have to live there and us move into their house in our sector. But it was the 1st thing in weeks that was a posibility. Later that week a brother called me from another ward who moved and wants to rent his house to the missionaries! So we went and checked out the place with the Elders, a lot roomier and in a safe part of town so looks like the Elders will be moving there and things are gonna work out, so hopefully this time next week we´ll be in our new house!!! God has seriously answered our prayers!

Besides that this week was full of dogs trying to attack us, stepping on poop every other day, contacting strangers with a herd of cows mooing in my ear, and painted another member´s fence for a service project! Just another week in Chile!

P.s. there´s another game today so the e-mails short cause we gotta lock ourselves up before it starts. Chi-chi-chi, le-le-le ¡VIVA CHILE!  

xo,
Hna.Ibarra

No comments:

Post a Comment