Monday, March 3, 2014

I know how the Lord works!

Things continue to go well as Hna.Ireland and I begin our 3rd transfer in Jose Miguel Infante! Franco got confirmed, yay!!! It was a beautiful thing, and we were able to teach him about missionary work and he committed to prepare to receive the priesthood and prepare to go on a mission, he actually understands that it is his responsability, he actually knew that before we even taught him about missionary work and I know one day he will make an excellent edition to the Lord´s Army and help bring others unto Christ!

Paula is preparing for her baptism this sunday, we have started teaching her along with her mom and she´s reluctant, but our goal is families and I hope with time she will be able to nourish the seed we are planting in her and follow the path her daughter has chosen.

David, Carolina and Benjamin have been going to all the church classes 2 sundays now, Benjamin (who´s 9) is LOVING primary and learning all the articles of faith and is so pumped! He loves reading his Book of Mormon and participates in the lessons and everything. Seriously he is such a special kid, everytime I see him I see a future missionary and leader in the church, I know the Lord has special blessings prepared for him. David and Carolina are going to the Registro Civil tuesday to reserve a marriage date for this month as well as our investigator Ricardo, woohoo!!! We have been fasting and praying that it´ll all work out and that we´ll be able to witness these 2 miracles God willing.

The highlight of this week was a special conference we had with the head of the missionary department for the church, Elder David F. Evans. It was once again conjoined with the 4 missions in Santiago, there were over 1200 missionaries present, we filled every single seat in the chapel all the way back to the stage in the cultural hall, it was impresive! We woke up at 5 a.m. to walk 30 mins to the bus stop, the another 30 minutes in bus and another 15 minutes walking to the chapel. Elder Evans spoke to us from 9am-1pm and his message was remarkable! We all kinda went not knowing what to expect or what he was gonna talk about, but we left with a greater vision of our purpose and objective as missionaries. The spirit this man brought to the meeting was incredible and as I heard his words I could see what an inspired man he was, the spirit of the Lord was transmitted so heavily through him, it was amazing, literally I felt the spirit as powerful as when Elder Holland spoke! Then we had a lunch break, took a million pictures with all the missionaries we hadn´t seen in forever and the leaders in the mission stayed for another speach session with him from 2-5 pm. This meeting was different than the previous, as leaders in the mission I though he would speak about the importance of obedience and being an example to the other missionaries, but his subject surprised me, him and his wife both talked about the Doctrine of the Family and the importance of understanding why it is central to God´s plan. The things the spirit taught me there penetrated the deepest part of my heart and gave me a better understanding of my mission after the mission, the importance of parenthood and raising our children in the gospel and our personal "Work and Glory" within the walls of our home. No matter what our family situation or circumstance, we can choose to have an eternal family today. This message gave me a lot of hope. Then we had another meeting just with our mission- leadership council  and set a goal for 100 baptisms for the month of March! It´s incredibly daunting, but we set goals to show our faith and we follow up on goals to count our blessings.

Love you family and friends! Thank you for all your support and love as I go about doing good :)

Spiritual cookie: To finish the though of my title "I know how the Lord works, He works through US!" -Elder David F. Evans

xoxo,
Hna.Ibarra

No comments:

Post a Comment