Monday, May 19, 2014

It was the best of times it was the worst of times

This week has probably been one fo the most difficult and crazy of the mission...it just always surprises me how every week is something different but I never expected this...I was actually hesitant to even write today because when I write about my experiences I relive them and feel what I felt in the stories I share, but here it goes anyways...

This week started out great, Monday we went to go visit Ricardo with the branch president, everything was in place for his baptism: the invitations, the clothes, who was gonna baptize him, etc. We did the pre-interview and everything was good to go and we all congratulated him for his preperation and that he and his partner were gonna get married that Thursday, he was ecstatic, he´s been waiting for this moment for months and was countingdown the days! But that thursday morning instead of being at their wedding at the Registro Civil, I found myself at the hospital with Hna.Ireland who I had an emergency exchange with for the day because Ricardo´s soon to be wife had attempted suicide by taking over 100 perscription pills for depression and they didn´t know if she was going to make it. We got the news tuesday night while on our way to an appointment and that very minute on the street Hna.Fullmer and I prayed in a secluded park and began a fast for her. We got more information the next day that she was on a breathing machine in a medically induced coma and that they didn´t know how she would react or if she would have full brain function and that she might be a vegetable. I´m a strong person over all, especially when it comes to medical things, but it´s different when it´s someone you know and love and I couldn´t hold back my tears. God knows how much I prayed that morning to help me function normally throughout the day, especially when training a greenie who has almost no clue what´s going on most of the time I knew she couldn´t take charge and lead the sector, I had to motivate her and myself to get us both through. The Lord answered my prayer and we were able to teach with the spirit and I was able to keep the saddness in. It was so great to be able to see Hna.Ireland again and to be together during that moment, it helped Ricardo a lot since he has no family here, he says we´re his daughters and that he was so grateful Pdt. Essig let us leave the mission boundaries to be with him in Talagante. The good news is that Gloria is doing a lot better now, the day we went to he hospital she woke up and now she doesn´t need the breathing tubes and is speaking. But it´s going to be a long recovery process, mentally most of all, and she´s going to need a lot of help psychologically. I´ve faced all types of opposition when trying to help other come unto Christ, but NEVER something like this nor have I seen satan attack someone so hard like Ricardo. I´ve been teaching him since I got here 6 months ago, and there have been so many trials, but I know that he´ll make it someday soon!!!

Besides that we had changes!!! WHAAAA!!!! President called me saturday morning to tell me he needed me to be a sister training leader again and asked my advice on somethings for the changes...one step closer top being the first Hermana AP!!!! Hahaha, joking. But I knew that if I was gonna be a sister training leader that I wouldn´t be training anymore! So it was all up in the air with Hna.Fullmer and who my new companion would be. But the news couldn´t of been better, Hna.Fullmer went to Los Andes with Hna.Ireland (who has 2 weeks left) and Hna.Dodds by other trainee!!! So her big sister is gonna finish her training...nuts!!! And the bigger surprise yet was that I was gonna be with Hna.Thomas!!! She is just the love of my life! I owe her everything because she was the one who was with me when I got super sick with tonsilitis and was so drugged up I couldn´t even think straight (she´s also the one who practiced her nursing skills on me and gave me an injection of penicilin in my rear! TMI? so sorry :/ haha) But I am so grateful to be with her because after being so long in a sector and elading it´s nice to get a fresh perspective on the area, ward, and investigators and how we can help them all out! We are just gonna kill it these next 4 weeks!!! Oh yeah, this transfer got cut short so it´s gonna be weird and super fast! But doesn´t mean we´re not gonna make some miracles happen in that time, we totally will :D

Love you all, thank you for your constant uplifting messages and prayers in my behalf, they are what keep me going!!!

XO,
Hna.Ibarra

No comments:

Post a Comment