Monday, May 5, 2014

Concrete jungle where dreams are made of...

This week was pretty fun, I guess the highlight was doing an exchange in downtown Santiago and working with one of my best friends in the mission Hna.Withers who came with me to the field from the MTC. I contacted a couple crazies who tried to get fresh with me, almost got hit by a bus, and Hna.Withers almost got hit by a car! Lots of dangers in the city, I`ll stick with Renca, kthanks. Also I met a member who recently returned from his mission in Concepcion who has contact with my trainer Hna.Rodriguez who I`ve been trying to get in touch with but the e-mail she gave me doesn`t exist anymore :( So I was happy to be able to get in touch with her. Lastly, while we were walking down the street contacting a guy was walking towards us while covering his face with his bag of groceries...I looked at him confused and when he got close enough he put the bag down and it was Federico Martinez aka Fede from Curacavi who helped us a lot in Jose Miguel`s conversion process and baptized him! He moved to "el centro" to be closer to his job, so it was such a treat to see him again! One of my favorite things about the mission is all the connection you make and all the new people you meet. You make life long friendships with your investigators, converts, members, and companions and thanks to facebook it`s so much easier to keep in touch after the mission, too! I seriously couldn`t imagine my life without the mission, so many people have touched my heart and changed me for good and I couldn`t imagine not having met them, life just wouldn`t be the same!

Another highlight this week was that we went to the temple with David, Carolina and Benjamin and got a tour from the sister missionaries there. It was such a great experience for them, David had awesome questions and Carolina is soooo excited to be able to go in and do baptisms! She and Benjamin got confirmed sunday and she said the whole day she felt this incredible peace come over her and was with her all day-we testified that it was the holy ghost. When an investigator is confirmed the words "receive the holy ghost" are pronounced upon them. This is not a command for the holy ghost to enter the life of that person, but rather an invitation for the person to live their life in such a way that they can have this constant guide and companion. It is part of our responsability and objective as missionaries to help these people receive the holy ghost after baptism by continuing keeping their committments and the commandments. Sadly some people after baptism go inactive and although they were confirmed never really received the holy ghost in their lives. These people are seldomly truly converted to the gospel and never had the opportunity to truly FEEL the difference of this comforter. So I was so happy to hear they are feeling the changes of the gospel in their lives, David is witnessing them too and comments about them and I know that pretty soon he`ll have the courage to take this same step of faith.

Well folks, all is well in Renca! Excited to skype you all for the last time next sunday!!! 

"The way you feel in the temple is pattern for how you want to feel in your life" 
-Neil A. Anderson

xoxo,
Hna.Ibarra

No comments:

Post a Comment