Monday, July 1, 2013

The Lord prepares the way!

This week we had to leave some investigators that weren´t progressing, and it just made me so sad because I was doing everything I knew how and felt like the Lord of the Vineyard spoken of in Jacob 4:41 "And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard wept, and said unto the servant: What could I have done more for my vineyard?" But I found a lot of motivation and encouragment in a line I read in Preach my Gospel that says "You have not finished your ministry until people are living these commitments, or in other words, until they have repented." I know there are more people out there who are ready and need this gospel in their lives, and it´s my sole purpose to find them, my ministry won´t be over until I do! And just like that we saw some miracles this week with our investigator Anabela who lives with her pololo aka boyfriend. After some unfortunate conflicts between him and her mom she asked him to move out of the house. The news came as shock to us, but at the same time I knew the Lord was preparing the way for her to more easily accept the gospel and be baptized now that she´ll be living the law of chastity! Both her and her pololo came to church sunday and to a baptismal service which was so awesome! I gained such a strong testimony that the Lord truly plays a role in this work and blesses us according to out diligence and obedience and that he doesn´t give us a commandment without preparing the way for us to accomplish it! Also, this week we got to go on a 2 day adventure to Santiago to get my carnet aka chilean ID. It was fun because I got to sleepover with Hna. Ostler and her companion who was in the same MTC district as me and traveled with me! We got to be companions for a day as we ran around the streets of Santiago with a map and our passaports to all these different buildings to get photos taken fingerprints, and fees. But it´s always exciting when we get to go to the city after being in the country for so long! The mission is wonderful, it´s the best thing that´s every happened to me. I can´t explain how much I´ve learned the few months I´ve been here and I can´t imagine the journey I have ahead of me. Yeah it´s hard sometimes, especially when there´s so many roles you have to play as a missionary when you´re in a tiny branch that needs a lot of help and support. We´re the sunday school teachers, visiting teachers, home teachers, young women counselors, releif society counselors, and on top of that have to find investigators, motivate the members, teach the recent converts, bring back the less actives all while trying to keep sane! But I know the things I´m learning now are helping me to become a better leader in the church in the future and to magnify my calling. There is no greater call, no greater honor, than to dedicate 24/7 to edifying the Lords kingdom at this time! We got to watch a World Wide leadership counsel which was crazy cause there´s going to be a lot of changes in missionary work and it´s so exciting to be in the middle of it all!!! Anyways, family and friends, peace & blessings until next week! Also, please write me dear elders, they´re free to my mission, and I can read and reply to them better than e-mails, plus they make me smile :)

Hna. Ibarra



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment