Monday, July 15, 2013

Open wide and say AAAAAAHHHHH!

This week was going fabulous, monday me and Hna. Villota hung out with one of our investigators Gina and went window shopping and cruised around town. That night we had several appointments and then we got ready for our Zone conference Tuesday with President Essig and our zone of 50 missionaries or so. It was a blast as usual with funny games, learning activities and delicious food! I had woken up that morning with a bit of a soar throat but nothing I thought tylenol couldn´t cure. As the day went on I felt more and more sick and got a fever. But I thought, it´s all good I´ll just keep taking some ibuprofen to get it under control. We had exchanges with our sister training leader so I went to Centenario in Los Andes for a day with Hna. Thomas, a greenie from Colorado who is basically my twin because she was also studying pre-nursing at BYU and lived in the same dorms I did! We went to a couple appointments and by the end I just was not feeling so great, I was still feverish, had chills, and my throat still killed so I curled up in my sleeping bag early to call it a night. The next day I only woke up worse! The fever never broke, I had a throbbing headache, and now both sides of my throat hurt! I grabbed a flashlight and ran to the mirror to self-diagnose and saw a horrible infection ravaging the back of my throat- redness,swelling, puss, I mean it was NASTY! So we took a trip to San Felipe to visit Pdt. Perez, the stake president who is also a doctor. He literally gave me 4 different pills, a liquid medication, and I had to get some shots of penecilin at the pharmacy. We ran around to 4 different pharmacy´s collecting all the meds and then went back to Centenario confident that their bishop could give me the injections because he too was a doctor...but he was in santiago and after a whole day of waiting, he never showed up! It was 9 pm and I seriously couldn´t take the pain and discomfort anymore. So we called up Pdt Perez´s wife who told us to come on over. We got there at 11 pm, she had a room ready for us, bed all warmed up and everything! I literally just crashed until Pdt. Perez came to administer the shot. I had to get 2 daily, one in the morning and one at night, my bum is still sore to this day, so that gives you an idea of where these shots were placed LOL I literally never felt so sick in my life...ever. But I´m so grateful for the Perez Family´s hospitality and attention, I stayed there 3 days and literally have no clue what I would´ve done with out them, they took care of me the way my mother would´ve and so much more as President Perez was able to annoint me with oil, lay his hands upon my head, and pronounce one of the most beautiful blessings I´ve ever received. I have a feeling I won´t be getting sick again anytime soon. I´d also like to give a HUGE shout out to Hna. Thomas who was my literal and personal modern day great samaratin as she took me everywhere I needed, administered all my medictions and would bring me food and water and chocolate even though I couldn´t even bare to eat it hurt so bad! So after 3 days of being a vegetable I am back from the dead, I got me and my companion the heck out of there and was so ready to just get back to work and be a skirt-wearing, street walking, plaque bearing missionary again! That´s all for this week! The priesthood is real!

Hna. Ibarra



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment