Monday, May 20, 2013

The joys of training!

Man does time fly, I can´t believe we´re on our 3rd week of the transfer! Things have been giong great in Santa Maria, we taught 17 new people this week! But none of which accepted the invitation to be baptized. However we´ve been working hard and found some hopefuls and have appointments with them this week. Training has been the most humbling experience of the mission so far. All of my flaws, weaknesses, and mistakes are just magnified and it´s helping me learn a lot, to be an example to my companion at all times and to work and be the best missionary I can be. I know if the Lord has given me this calling it´s to continue to stretch me and help me progress and mold me into the woman I need to become. Something I like that I learned this week is that in the topical guide of the scriptures the definition for humility is to be "moldeable" or moldable. My companion Hna. Dodds is the best! She is so positive, has a lot of energy and hasn´t cried once (which is common for a sister missionaries 1st week)! She is so strong and such an example to me, I want to be more like her :) Also last tuesday I gave the "EDPER Historico" or historic district meeting becuase I was the 1st sister missionary to teach in district meeting in the whole mission! It went well, I taught how to work with members and our maps and everyone liked it and learned a lot. What more can I say about this week? We´ve been working hard and trying to find new investigators, fall is upon is and it gets pretty cold at night, I´m in a coat and scarf and ear warmers and the leaves are all changing colors which is weird because it´s May!!! Trippyyyyyyy! Mission life is great, and when something exciting happens I´ll let you all know in my next e-mail.

Love you all! Send me letters and pics and uplifting and funny stories to help me along :)

Peace & Blessings,
Hna. Ibarra



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment