Monday, May 13, 2013

3 months out, 1/6 of the mission in!

It´s kinda funny to have to write you guys after talking to you all on skype, but I am so grateful for technology and that I was able to see all of your beautiful faces without any glitches or bad connections. Me and my old companion Hna. Cottle were laughing at the fact that we skype our families just to see eachother cry over the computer hahaha I´m sorry for the emotional wreck I was, I really was just so happy to see and talk to you guys! So don´t be fooled, they were tears of joy and I am loving being in Chile so much and the experiences I´m gaining here, they are changing my life forever. This tuesday was exciting because we got to go to Santiago to pick up our greenie missionaries that we we´re going to train!!! As they walk into the chapel the trainers are all standing and singing Llamados a Servir and it is such a special moment to see their faces light up and their hearts race as we stare into eachother´s faces and think "one of you is going to be my companion" The mission president first calls out the name of the trainer and then the name of the trainee. He called my name last and it wasn´t that big of a surprise that I´d be training the only gringa missionary who came in the bunch, Hna. Dodds, who crazily enough I know from facebook!!! We gave eachother the biggest hug and sat together and began to talk about how small the mormon world is and how excited we we´re to be together! As a trainer I´m conscious of every little thing I do now, which is great because it makes me want to be the best missionary I can because I know that Hna. Dodds will copy everything I do and that how I train will have a lasting effect on the rest of her mission...no pressure! We split the area of Santa Maria and are working on the other side of town where we only had 1 investigator who wasn´t progressing so once again I am opening a new area this transfer and we´re starting from zero. Thank goodness I´ve done it twice before and have a good grasp on how to do it, but it´s still challenging. It seems like everyone we´ve contacted on the street has been totally psycho and against the mormons, we got yelled at and had doors slammed in our faces a couple times which is always fun, some lady gave us the excuse that she had a sick dog to attend to and couldn´t invite us in hahaha! Me and Hna. Dodd´s just laughed! But we did find a couple good contacts and hopefully we´ll have some luck there. This week we´ve been working on getting our maps and directories organized which was the 1st thing the spirit told me to do in order for us to work efficiently. Then thursday our District Leader Elder Chung (from peru) called me and said that with much prayer and fasting he´s felt prompted to have me give the EDPER (enseñar,demostrar,practicar,evaluar,repracticar) in District Meeting tuesday and that it´s going to be historic because I´m going to be the 1st sister missionary to teach a district meeting in the history of the mission!!! WHAAA!!! No pressure, I´m only peeing in my pants, haha but I´m sure it´ll all turn out great and I´ve been preparing all week so pray for me that it all turns out well. As I continue making history in the Chile Santiago North mission I realize the special plans and purposes the Lord has for me here. I was born on January 28th 1992 so that in February 13th 2013 I could serve a mission in Santiago Chile and touch the lives of Manuel Ortiz, Javier Lopez and many more of my brothers and sisters in spirit that I will teach the everlasting gospel to and lead into the waters of baptism. How marvelous is my calling! I hope to live upto my leader´s, mission president´s and the Lord´s expectations everyday and pray that he can forgive me in my moments of weakness when I want to give up and give in. I love you all and pray for you daily, I know that my being here is also blessing my family in ways I can´t understand or know of. I love you all, and another Happy Mother´s day shout out to my mom, sister, and sister-in-law Nahomi since I couldn´t really speak over skype yesterday cause I was too busy crying like a baby lol. Love you all!!! Write me letters and send me pics :)

Hna. Gladys Ibarra



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment