Monday, September 9, 2013

Chicha de Curacavi!

Soooo we had transfers this week and after 5 1/2 long months in Santa Maria I´m finally heading out. It was seriously so hard and sad to leave the branch and all the members who have been able to touch my life in such a special way. It was pretty much a sob-fest between the Relief Society, recent converts, and us. But truly Hna. Cottle and I feel we have done great things here, we`ve been able to touch the lives of so many people and most important of all here is where we learned to be missionaries. Hna. Cottle will be in Putaendo (yes, that´s the name of a real place LOL) and I´m going to Curacavi in the San Pablo Stake. No idea where it is, but it´s on the way to Valparaiso which is the coast and it´s campo, and I`m excited to finally be in a ward!!! Not only that but I´ll once again be training a greenie, FUN! I´m seriously super excited for the new adventures that await and am ready for this next chapter in my mission.
 
So here´s a funny story from my last week in Santa Maria. We visited a refferal called Cristina who is very religious and believes in the bible. She has talked to all kinds of missionaries from different churches and basically had her opinion of the mormons and wasn´t gonna change.We taught the restoration and had her give the closing prayer and in the middle of the prayer she stops and says that something is troubling her and looks around super weird. So after the prayer my companion went to the bathroom and I sat there talking to her and she said that she feels something weird in the room with me, something bad and that it wasn´t me but that proably I brought something from outside with me, some sort of evil spirit...I was like Oookaaayyy this chick is crazy, where is my companion so we can get the heck out of here! Then she says she was gonna do a prayer and basically did an exorcism on me asking God to cast whatever evil spirit was with me out of me and out of her house...I just sat there trying not to bust out laughing! Me? Posessed?! Hahaha, no way! You just meet the craziest people on the mission.
 
Also, this week I finished reading the Book of Mormon for the 2nd time in my life, but for the 1st time with true meaning and understanding. To be honest I´ve never prayed to know if the Book of Mormon is true, I just always felt like it was and that I didn`t need to ask cause that´d just be dumb. But as I read and contemplated on the stories and charachters there were some things that I´d read and question and there are still many things I don´t really understand (like in Eter 9:19 where they talk about Curelomes and cumoms...what the?!). But I decided to follow Moroni´s invitation in the end. I knelt down by my bed and prayed, for the first time ever I prayed and asked to know if the Book of Mormon was true, if these things really happened, if Joseph Smith truly interpreted this ancient text through the power of God. The overwhelming feeling and burning in my bossom I felt cannot be described, but I received an answer, I know it´s true, I know that if we apply it´s teachings to our lives it will bless and guide us. And I invite anyone and everyone who has not yet done so, who hasn´t read it, prayed and asked to do it. You don´t have to read the whole book to ask, read a couple chapters and kneel in prayer, cause to know a cake is tasty you don´t have to eat the whole thing, but just taste as slice. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to share this testimony with the people of Chile and for how much it´s blessed my life and family. Seriously guys, THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!! :D
 
Also the mails not on strike anymore so hit me up with some letters!!! Love you all!!!
 
xoxo,
Hna.Ibarra



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment