Monday, August 12, 2013

Llay Llay

So this week I did exchanges with my sister training leader, Sister Peck from Blackfoot, Idaho who´s in Llay Llay which means viento viento (wind wind) in Mapuche. It was a lot of fun and I learned some cool things about her way of teaching and proselyting which is the fun thing about exchanges, you learn new methods from other missionaries. So this tuesday I´ll have 6 months on the mission, maaan, that went by so quick! Time is such a weird thing on the mission, the days are long and the weeks fly by. I try really hard not to think about time or count down the months, but people make it really hard cause they´re constantly asking us how long we´ve been in Chile or until when will we be here, haha. But I´ve been reflecting a lot this week on these past 6 months and how far I´ve come. I´ve changed so much not just physically (cause I´ve packed on a couple extra pounds lol) but also spiritualy, moraly, and emotionaly. I have such a different perspective on life, the world, and most importantly the gospel. So much has happened the short time I´ve been here and it´s hard to imagine what more can Heavenly Father throw at me the year I have left, but there is so much I still need to learn and change. The mission has been one of the most life changing experiences I´ve had in my life and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone willing and able to serve, in fact, I think it should be mandatory, it´s like a spiritual boot camp for the soul hahaha. This weekend my companion and I decided to fast for our investigators so they could come to church on sunday, it´s the biggest challenge about our area, I´ve heard any and every excuse to not come and truth is, people are just lazy!!! But we had the magnificent blessing of having Sebastian (the druggie) and his polola Isolina come to church! It was an answered prayer to us both and we´re hoping to help save their relationship and get him out o fthe hole he´s gotten himself into. The gospel is so perfectly planned and outlines, the Lord has a back-up plan for every possible situation and gives us so many opportunities to change and turn to him. The church is true ya´ll!!! This is the church of Jesus Christ, the same church he organized in ancient times, with Prophets and Apostles, modern-day revelation and the priesthood authority to provide us with the ordinances that will bring salvation and exaltation to all mankind! Like my bestfriend Nathaly once said "it just makes sense!" haha. 

DISCLAIMER: the mail in Chile is protesting soooo for those of you who have sent me letters and are waiting for a response I am so sorry, I´ve gotten nothing and they don´t know how long it´s gonna last, literally a missioanaries worst nightmare besides going home and being socially awkward (I´ve pledged that it won´t happen to me!)

Spiritual Cookie: Moroni 10:32-33

xoxo,
Hna.Ibarra



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment