Monday, April 15, 2013

Santa Maria-Holy Mary

I´ve been in Santa Maria 3 weeks now, and 2 months on the mission I don´t know where the time goes, it´s crazy! But everything is going great, we got our bikes as you´ll probably see in the pics on libro-cara aka facebook and it is definitely a work-out, but we are getting so much more done in our day because we´re not wasting time walking and can get straight away to where we need to go. I´m gonna be sooo buff when I get back from the mission, hopefully my chicken legs will beef up a bit ha ha. The other day we rode our bikes to get to know our sector better and wow, what a beaut! (neature walk reference, look it up on youtube friends) LOL but seriously, there are vinyards as far as the eye can see and we can just go and pick the grapes and eat them, all natural and organic the way God intended it to be. We drove through big "alamos chilenos" and can see all the mountains and sunset in the distance, I´ll try to get pics of it next time, we´re planning on going again for our morning work-out this week. Some funny occurences of the week is that 3 old people fell infront of us all on different days, but it was like a crazy coincidence.One was an old lady who just started bawling cause she got scared she broke something and when we helped her up she was like "oh you´re the girls from that church, you´re so nice and beautiful thank you!" and 2 were old men on their bikes that crashed into parked vehicles LOL, one was a drunk and I chastised him and told him to sit on the curb and not ride his bike home and he said "¡si señorita!" it was pretty funny, but I don´t believe in coincidences anymore on the mish and know everything has a purpose and reason. Only 2 old creepos tried to kiss me this week which wasn´t too bad hahaha, those moments are always uncomfortable but funny, luckily I´m in a trio and ma girls got ma back always. Some guy offered to buy us french fries yesterday cause he said he always sees us around town and is looking to see who´s around us cause if someone puts their hands on us he said he´ll turn into an ogre and beat the crap out of them...awesome to know the french fry guy´s got ma back also HAHA. As for the work, things are slowing down, basically people don´t keep the comittments we leave them to read the BOM and attend church so none of our investigators are really progressing and it´s a bummer. But we were so happy to see Pamela come to church sunday! It was fast and testimony meeting and it was awesome because a sister bore her testimony about how she´d read the BOM and never understand, but that as she´s continued to read now she does and that really touched Pamela because she´sbeen having the same difficulty. She left after sacrament, but said next time she´ll stay longer and bring her 4 year old son to go to primary with the other kids. So we´re crossing our fingers! We´re also teaching an awesome couple Anibal y Mariela who have 2 daughters (also not married...ugh) but he is reading the BOM and understands it and said he is coming to know that it´s true, we gave an audio version to Mariela and are hoping she´ll listen to it while she works (cracking open walnuts) and that her heart will be pricked also. Camila y Javier are brother and sister, the kids of a less-active member and we´re teaching them as well and hoping they can get baptized May 5th! Jose Carrasco who has a date for the 28th didn´t come to church sadly, he gave the excuse that he was out of town, but we saw him in a store while we were on the phone with him, the little liar, haha. But oh well, I can´t stress too much and I always remember the wise words of my brother, I am here to invite people to come unto Christ, I can´t force them to do anything and just need to let the spirit do the work. I miss and love you all dearly! Best of luck to all my BYU peeps this finals week, kill it!!! And Send me pics and updates on your life. It helps me to know what you´re all upto cause then I don´t get distracted wondering what´s up with everyone. To all within the reach of this blog, just know the mission is awesome and that it´s life changing and I know one day I´ll be looking back on this time full of gratitude to my heavenly father for giving me the priviledge to serve and be an instrument in his hands in Chile.

Love,
Hermana Ibarra



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment