Monday, March 11, 2013

Week 2 Til-il

This week has been looking up! I know sometimes the Lord has to drag us down and humble us in order to bring us back up and give us his incredible blessings. We found a special mom and daughter, their name is Danitza y Betsabe. We taught her the 1st discussion and when we told her she could have proof of the restauration of the gospel in her hands with the Book of Mormon she asked how much it costs. I told her it had 2 prices, first, will you take care of it?She said Yes. Second, will you read it? And she said yes. So I told her it was all hers. She was like, really?!?! She grabbed the book and hugged it and could barely believe it. It was such a humbling experience. She and her daughter have been reading it together, accepted a baptismal date, and we caught her reading it when we went to visit her for our 2nd appointment. After having sucha  hard 1st week that was my 1st glimpse of the blessings to come in Til-Til and gave me the strength I needed to press forward and find more people like her. The branch needs a lot of support, I´m currently the piano player. I haven´t played in months and am totally regretting not practicing more like my mom would tell me to haha. Something else fun we did this week was help a less active family who washes our clothes, the Hermano drives buses and we helped him clean them saturday so he could come to church on sunday. We also had Fase Uno, which is when all the new missionaries and their trainers meet to get more training and rules. This transfer is only 4 weeks so it ends in 2 weeks because we have so many new missionaries coming in, 30 to be exact next transfer on the 24th. It is very likely that I´ll be training in 2 weeks and that freaks me out!!! I hope I´m ready and can do it because I still feel like I have so much to learn and don´t know what I´m doing half the time! Also today we had a Zone Activity and played volleyball and ate choripan which was super good! It´s fun when I get to see other missionaries because I can relate more to the American Elders than my Ecuadorian companion, but I still love her tons she is super sweet and takes care of me and is helping me get ready to train soon. This has been a great week, both spiritually and temporally now that we have money haha. Also, send any packages through U.S. Mail please (fedex and UPS charge for delivery and have an arrival fee when itgets to Chile) I love you and miss you all a ton! I know the Lord has placed me here for a reason and we are trying extra hard to find the special spirits he´s prepared with the little resources we have. Keep me in your prayers!

xoxo,
Hermana Ibarra



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment